Why You Should Travel to Canada

For most travellers, these rules limit the number of days you are able to stay within Canada: Travel to Canada must be commenced within six months from the date of your departure. For those eligible to travel to Canada more than 90 days (350km) outside their originating point, non-refundable travel tickets are also excluded. Foreign nationals who are authorized to travel to Canada more than 90 days (350km) outside their original entry point can apply for a visa.

As for those travelling from abroad to Canada, entry requirements depend on the province you enter Canada. For those travelling between the United States and Canada, there is no passport inspection or federal inspection at the border. For those travelling from foreign countries into Canada, there are measures to ensure that the person has valid travel documentation, including a confirmation of citizenship by the relevant foreign authorities. These requirements usually differ slightly for individuals travelling from other countries.

When travelling from foreign nationals point of entry into Canada, there are some additional measures to take to avoid arriving in Canada with an illness. Once foreign nationals have arrived in Canada, they are required by the Immigration and Refugee Regulations to register with the Canadian Immigration Department. Failure to do so results in the traveller being removed from the country. In addition to being removed, refusal to register brings the individual into the jurisdiction of the Federal Office of Immigration. As well, all arriving foreign nationals require a Confirmation of Permanent Residence two weeks after arrival in Canada.

Those travelling from foreign nationals point of entry into Canada can see transit and landing through Canadian territorial requirements. At land ports, there may be a short queue of vehicles carrying Canadian immigration officials. At sea, there are also specific criteria for those arriving by boat and air. Once arriving in Canada by road or air, a visitor will need to apply for temporary resident status and obtain a temporary visa in the form of a work permit.

The majority of these measures are designed to stop persons from landing and continuing to arrive in Canada if they have no valid reason for doing so. Individuals with certain personal or business skills are more likely to have their application approved. For example, those needing specialized training to provide care to people in need or to study while attending to their own needs are likely to be granted refugee status and permanent residency much quicker than others.

There are four types of reasons that provide the most frequently documented reason to travel to Canada: employment, experience, compassionate reasons and private health matters. The type of work that an individual can obtain in Canada does not need to match the occupation they currently hold in their home country. For example, an individual working as a translator may choose to enter Canada to train as a worker or to find other job opportunities in this country. In this case, the requirement to demonstrate proof of the applicant’s Canadian citizenship is not necessary.

Employment is one of the most common reasons to make the trek north. In most provinces and territories, workers must have been employed in the region for a continuous period of one year. Obtaining a work permit is easier if the worker is applying for a position that requires at least six months of regular work for an employer who is Canadian or Permanent Residents (PR) as well as being in Canada.

Most of the time, when tourists travel to Canada, they do so to see Canadian national parks or to participate in recreational activities. In order to take part in these activities without breaking the law, a person must first apply for a visitor visa. Once approved, the applicant may then proceed to see transit or landing visas once their application has been approved. To see foreign nationals reuniting with their loved ones, or to continue to study in Canada, it’s best to apply for a visa first.