Visa and Immigration Tips For Visitors to the United States

Travel to USA is subject to international entry requirements and national exit requirements. The laws of the USA are different from those of your home country. The USA does not allow dual citizenship. If you have lived in USA for more than five years and want to apply for naturalization, you will have to renounce your citizenship and present your original passport.

You may need to show the relevant travel documents when you reach the border but, you need to remember that you can’t stay for more than seven consecutive months. British nationals cannot enter the USA or its territories unless they’ve been out of the UK, Ireland, Canada, Germany, France, Spain, Portugal or Brazil within the last fourteen days. Dual citizens of these countries, who are applying for a visa to travel to USA, need to have their nationality passports in order to apply.

An immigrant visa is required to travel to USA for tourism or business. However, even though the status of an immigrant visa is still valid, the same procedure may be required as when changing your status from another country to the USA. There are three different types of immigrant visas available in the USA. The first one is the non-immigrant visa. If you have a family member who is a U.S. citizen or green card holder and you plan to visit the USA for tourism purposes, you may apply for the non-immigrant visa.

The third type of visa available is the tourist visa. If you’re travelling to the United States for tourism purposes and you have not yet obtained a resident visa, you can apply for a tourist visa. Tourist visa is applicable to visitors who enter the USA on a non-immigrant visa and who do not have any other lawful reason to stay in the USA.

The process of obtaining an immigrant visa and a tourist visa are generally quite similar. You need to fill up an application form that contains detailed information about you, your employer and your family. You also need to present necessary documents like passport, birth certificates, marriage records if applicable, and other important documents. After submitting your application form, you’ll be contacted by a consul who will distribute a printed copy of the application. You can’t do anything with a nonimmigrant visa, except to show it to the officer at the port of entry upon arrival in the USA.

When you arrive in the USA, you must get a visa in order to enter the country. This can either be done by presenting your passport or by getting a temporary visa via an electronic passport facility run by the Department of State called a traveler’s visa. Electronic passport facilities are widely available at various US consulates, banks and other relevant locations. Visitors can use an ePassport to enter the USA for 90 days or more, provided they have their passport-sized electronic photo taken within 90 days prior to the visit.

Another option for frequent travelers is to apply for an expedited removal order, or an E visa. An E visa is valid for a period of ninety days, once it is issued. If traveling to the United States for business purposes, you may be eligible for an immigrant visa, or perhaps an adjustment of status, which can be used for traveling to the USA. As a general rule, the longer your period of stay in the USA, the greater your chances of qualifying for either an immigrant visa or an adjustment of status. Visiting the United States for business purposes is one of the fastest ways to reach the American Dream.

A U.S. visa travel authorization can be valid for three months or longer, but is not a guarantee that you can actually leave the country. If you wish to leave the United States for any reason including visiting family or friends, a visa still remains valid. The process of obtaining an immigrant visa is not hard to follow. There are many resources on the web to assist with questions about obtaining an immigrant visa. The rules and regulations change often, so be sure to check frequently to be sure you have current information for any country you plan to travel to in the United States.