USA Visa Information

Tourist visa to USA is an unissurable Short term Nonimmigrant visa available for travel to USA. Tourist Visa is also recognized as B1/B2 nonimmigrant visa or tourist visa to United States of America. To get Tourist Visa for travel to USA, you have to follow a certain procedure.

Travel to USA

Before traveling to USA you must apply for an immigrant visa at the US consulate in your country of residence first. You can apply for tourist visa online by filling up the application form which is available on the internet. If you are not getting the visa from US consulate then the best option for you is to visit the Consulate of USA in your country. You have to fill up the application form at the consulate so that the consul will process your visa quickly. In some cases you may be required to visit the port of call for processing purpose.

When you arrive at the port of call, you have to present your documents like passport, proof of income, list of job and residence etc. Then the officer will ask you to show him the reason for visiting USA such as for educational purpose, business trip or holiday etc. Generally tourist visa is available for a certain period of time i.e. for a duration not more than one year.

Generally tourist visa does not allow you to stay in the country for more than six months. So if you want to stay in the country for more than six month then you should apply for b1 visitor visa. B1 visitor visa is available for people who don’t need admission as tourists in country i.e. for students, professionals and family purposes. If you want to visit USA for the first time and are eligible for b1 visitor visa then you should apply for tourist visa online.

As I told above that you are eligible for a b1 visa holder once you have spent six months in country. But if you don’t know about how to visit USA without spending six months then you should visit the consular office at the airport or consulate. At the consulate you should fill up the application form and submit it along with the necessary documents i.e. passport, proof of residence, identity proof etc. Within a few hours you will get all the related formalities done and visa will be issued on the spot.

Another easy way of getting a tourist visa is to use electronic passport card. These cards are available online at various US consulate sites and also through a number of US travel companies. But before using electronic passport you should read its technical specification so that you don’t face any problem when you try to use it at the customs. It is advised to use an electronic passport rather than a paper passport as there is no loss of information at the electronic level and it also takes less time to process.

Many US citizens visit USA by taking some or the other kind of family tour or visiting relatives who are living abroad. In such cases they need not worry about the related visa formalities. For this purpose many nonimmigrant visa are also available in the USA which can be used by the family members who want to visit USA for less than a year. Non-immigrant tourist visa will allow them to stay for one year only and can see family members once in a year as well. There are many visa Waiver offices located in and around USA which will help you to get the visa easily.

If you have already started your work in USA or if you are planning to start your business in the north America then you can get the nonimmigrant visa easily. You just need to carry your visa documentation with you while working in USA. There are many employment agencies that provide the services for the US visitors who do not have any permanent residence here. The processing of visa and related papers can take few hours only. There are many visa processing departments which are located in US consulates. You can get your visa approved within few hours only.