Travel to China – Chinese Visa Requirements

The latest Chinese State travel policy has laid out detailed guidelines for all Chinese nationals travelling abroad, detailing the types of visas available and the procedures involved in applying for them. The most commonly issued visa is the P visa, which is reserved for people travelling to China on business purposes. There are separate Chinese government authorised websites that can be used to apply for these visas. A list of approved websites can also be found at the relevant government website. These websites can help to ensure that you get the correct visa type and the correct application form.

Foreign nationals who need to travel to China should apply for a Chinese work permit via the Hong Kong consulate. The requirements for this type of visa depend upon your employer and the amount of time you will be working in China. For example, a Chinese national who is going to spend more than three months working in China will require a three-month work permit. Similarly, those working for an employer from an EU member state for a period of more than three months will require an EEC visa.

The Chinese government’s travel policy for foreigners requires you to obtain an EEC or visa waiver before travelling to the country. To do this, you will need to visit the Hong Kong or Macau embassy. At the Hong Kong embassy you will be able to apply for a visa waiver if you are travelling to China on business. This means that your chances of obtaining a Chinese visitor visa depend upon the duration of your stay in the country. The longer you intend to be in the country, the greater the chances of your visa being approved.

Travel to China by using either a local airport or a state-owned airline. There are currently four Chinese state-owned airlines that fly into a variety of Chinese cities. These include the flights from Beijing (Forbidden City) and Shanghai (HSV). On 26 January, the fourth Chinese state-owned airline will launch a direct flight from Hangzhou to Hong Kong. No schedule or destination have been finalized as of yet.

Travel to China by using a local airport is one of the most effective ways to avoid problems with the Chinese visa restrictions. For instance, during Cultural Revolution, all travelers originating in China needed a special permit. This allowed them to travel outside of their assigned zones, but the permits were strictly issued and controlled. Since none of these flights operate today, you will not be able to obtain a Chinese visa from the airport in any case. On the other hand, traveling via a local airport will allow you to reach the main Chinese cities.

The third option for Chinese travelers traveling abroad is to contact their local Thai or Malaysian consulate. Consulates in these countries handle all visa requests from travelers to China. Unfortunately, there is no information available regarding whether they are currently processing visa requests. The last point of entry for most travelers wishing to travel to China is through the Chinese diplomatic mission in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Traveling via an agency is another option available to Chinese citizens. Agencies can arrange for a suitable Chinese diplomatic representative to oversee the visa process for you. This may be preferable for those who are detained by the Chinese government. There is also the possibility of working with a private company that offers a private visa. There are companies in the United States and Canada that can assist with visa applications for Chinese visitors.

The fourth option is to submit your visa directly to the Chinese embassy. Foreign travelers can do so either at the embassy or at the Chinese consulate in advance of their departure date. The Chinese Foreign Ministry has announced that all visas would be suspended starting on January 1st, 2021. It is important to note that this ban does not affect travel to China by foreigners alone. Anyone traveling to or within the 25 countries listed by the State Department’s Country Specific Country List (SSC) will need to apply for a visa.