Travel to Canada For Dual Citizens

For dual citizens, there are a few things you must have before you travel to Canada. Regardless of which airline you fly, you must be sure to carry a valid Canadian passport and an acceptable visa. Fortunately, the passport is the only universally recognized form of identification, so you don’t have to worry about getting detained or refused entry if you don’t have one. Other than the passport, travelers from many other countries will also need a valid visa and/or Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to fly to Canada.

You’ll also need a valid Canadian passport in order to enter the country. This is the only document that proves that you are a Canadian citizen and can return there. If you aren’t sure whether you’re required to carry a passport or not, the Public Health Agency of Canada recommends that you get vaccinated for COVID-19, or otherwise protect yourself against certain diseases. Despite the fact that a valid Canadian passport is a requirement to travel to Canada, it is well worth the cost.

In addition to the necessary vaccinations, you must also check if you have any health problems. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has deemed Canada as having high risk levels for COVID-19. If you’re concerned about your health while traveling, the CDC maintains a page on its website that contains updated information on travel health in Canada. The CDC also recommends that you visit the Travel Health Information page of the government of Canada’s website to get updated information on COVID-19.

You can also check if you need a visitor visa to enter the country. Visit the Consulate General of Canada’s website to find out the requirements for obtaining a visitor’s visa. A visitor visa application can take up to a month to process, so be sure to plan accordingly. Fortunately, most countries require biometrics, such as fingerprints, for entry into their countries. For your travel signature, it’s necessary to have your current I-20 or DS-2019 with you when you apply.

Vaccinations are necessary for all travelers, but children under the age of 18 should be fully immunized. In addition to this, if your child hasn’t been vaccinated, he or she will need to wear a mask in public areas for 14 days after entering. Vaccinations are necessary in Canada, and it’s best to be prepared for that. If you don’t have a vaccination certificate, contact ArriveCAN to find out if you need to travel.

Fully vaccinated people don’t need a pre-entry test or a negative test, but they should still be fully protected before leaving the country. Children who are fully vaccinated should be able to use the ArriveCAN website 72 hours prior to departure. Vaccinations can be effective in the case of a travel ban, but unvaccinated children should still have a current test. Even if you are fully vaccinated, you should take the time to get a valid test to avoid any issues.

ArriveCAN is an online tool that answers immigration and customs questions before your flight. You can complete the application in minutes and it is available for iOS, Android, and web users. The web version is available in English, French, and Spanish. Using the system ahead of time can ensure your arrival in Canada without any hassles. Aside from ArriveCAN, you can also download a mobile application to your phone or tablet. If you have an Apple iPhone, you can check out ArriveCAN before you board your flight.

The eTA process is a convenient and inexpensive online option. All you need is a valid passport, credit card, and e-mail address. The eTA will be linked to your passport and last for five years, but without it, you may find yourself in a situation where you can’t board your flight. To avoid delays, apply for the eTA before booking your flight. Be cautious about scam websites that claim to process your eTA.

While the Department of Foreign Affairs website has useful information about emergency assistance, it’s best to get comprehensive travel insurance to avoid any unnecessary expenses. Travel insurance will cover medical expenses, repatriation of remains, and legal costs, but you should check your policy’s exclusions and what activities are excluded. So, make sure you’re adequately covered. You can also get a policy that covers emergency medical expenses. There are a lot of companies online today.