Travel to Canada

Travel to Canada

Travel to Canada

Consider traveling to Canada for a wonderful experience in a new way. Enjoy our country in a way that honors our commitment to diversity and freedom. Travel to Canada with the Lebra symbol and learn about the diverse culture and tradition of this beautiful country. Learn about our family values, the impact of immigration and our welcoming ways.

Consider traveling to Canada for an historic or cultural experience. Recent events, like the decline of the American dollar, the implementation of the federal government’s Anti-Inferior Act, and Canada’s first omnibus budget bill (the motion on the budget resolution) have resulted in more restrictive entry requirements for Canadian citizens. For example, in May, the government introduced a new anti-smuggling law, which now makes it more difficult to enter Canada using informal means. There are still many other measures in place that will make travelling between countries more challenging.

The temporary resident card is still valid for 90 days after your date of entry. To apply for your permanent resident card, you must be entering Canada between Dec 31, 2021 and March 31, 2021. You can apply online by filling out an application form. If you are an immediate family member, you will not be eligible to apply for the permanent resident card. Under the new legislation, you must wait three years after arriving in Canada to apply for your permanent residence card. As long as you are a resident of Canada and waiting six months to reach this time, you do not need to apply for a visa.

A person registered under the federal immigration program cannot overstay in a country. Overstaying is a serious offence, carrying penalties of jail time and in extreme cases, deportation. In cases where a person has been found overstaying, they must first notify the Canadian authorities. If the Canadian authorities find that a person has overstayed their sentence, they must revoke the visa and advise the person in writing.

Another set of travel restrictions include those related to financial activity. Again, if a Canadian citizen is travelling outside of Canada to work, this will result in the cancellation of their sponsorship. Sponsors may enter into a two-year sponsorship agreement after arriving in Canada with their permanent resident status. The sponsorship period starts on the date that a person first arrive in Canada. A person who does not qualify for an immigrant visa may also be excluded from obtaining citizenship status due to overstaying.

In cases where a person travelling outside of Canada to work and earn income is not eligible to be admitted into the country under the existing immigration plan, they may apply for an extended family members’ visa. The application for an extended family member’s visa can only be made if one of the spouses or dependents is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada. This type of visa is also referred to as a Quota Visa. If you are applying for an immigrant visa to stay in Canada to bring along your spouse or children, then you may also want to consider a quota-Visa. As with the family-permanent visa, the application can only be made if one of the spouses or dependent children is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada.

The main entry requirements for arriving in Canada are admissible passport requirements. Foreign nationals arriving in Canada need to apply for a visa through the Immigration Programs section of the Canadian embassy. Admissible passport requirements depend on the type of passport that was issued. The prescribed format for an admissible passport is the Expanded Format.

There are several other entry requirements for travelling to Canada. For example, you cannot enter Canada if you are using a motor vehicle while you are staying in a province that does not recognise your registration under the Canadian Immigration Service. Finally, you cannot become a Canadian citizen while you are staying in Canada. However, you can remain in the country if you meet the other residency requirements.