Important Things to Know Before Traveling to Canada

Before traveling to Canada, make sure to bring a valid passport and other acceptable identification. The passport is the only universally accepted travel document. International transport companies must check passports and other identification before allowing you to board their aircraft. Travellers without proper identification may be delayed or denied entry into Canada. The proper identification depends on the country you are from and the type of travel document you need. You should always consult a legal adviser before traveling to Canada.

If you’re traveling with your dog, ensure that it’s rabies-vaccinated 30 days before entering Canada. A puppy under three months of age is exempt from this requirement. Other animals may be subject to quarantine and controls. Canadian citizens under 19 years of age must have written consent from their parent or guardian to travel with a dog or other animal. Vaccinations for yellow fever are recommended if you are unsure of the risks associated with the disease. Those who aren’t sure what vaccinations to get are recommended can contact the Canadian Citizen Services, or visit a private doctor. Travel health clinics can provide you with information on vaccinations and other health conditions, such as contagious diseases.

Applicants for permanent residency in Canada should consult the Government of Canada’s website for details. Non-U.S. citizens should note that they may require a visa to enter the country for a day-trip to visit family. It’s also important to note that Canadian permanent residents may also require a visa if they plan to stay in the country for longer than 90 days. The length of stay for non-U.S. citizens is six months, but they must declare how long they intend to stay before they leave the country.

The time difference between the United States and Canada may seem small, but be prepared for a culture shock. You should also keep in mind that most Canadian cities are ahead of Eastern Standard Time. However, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, PEI, and Newfoundland are all an hour or thirty minutes ahead of Eastern Time. If you are visiting Canada with your family, be sure to bring a converter for the time difference, as New Brunswick, Ontario, and Quebec operate on different time zones.

If you are a foreign national, you will need a valid passport. If you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, you can apply for an eTA. A valid passport is required for all travelers to enter Canada, so it’s essential that you have the right one. While the process of getting an eTA is free and easy, some online scam sites may claim to process your application for you. If you don’t have a valid passport, you will be denied boarding and may be asked to return home.

While you should be aware of the various laws regarding criminal convictions, it is still a good idea to visit the Canadian consulate in Seattle. The consulate there is very helpful for people with criminal convictions. For example, Canadian pardons are not recognized by U.S. law. If you are convicted of a minor crime, you can apply for a temporary resident permit. It is important to remember that if you are convicted of a major crime, you may face serious problems at the border crossing.

The consular officer should not interfere with your private matters. However, you need to know that the immigration officer has the right to ask a question about your child. As long as you are accompanied by an adult, it will be a better idea to carry the letter. You can also obtain more information about traveling with children from the Canada Border Services Agency. A letter of consent from a non-travelling parent can be helpful in dispelling any concerns you may have.