Are you traveling to USA? I hope you answered “yes” because it’s one of the best countries to visit. You can start your trip right away in New York or any of the other eight cities across the border. The country itself is very safe and tourist friendly. Before you travel to USA, there are some things that you need to know.
USA travel is subject to federal entry requirements for British citizens can not enter the US and its territories unless they’ve been to the UK, Ireland, Canada, Schengen zone or Iran, Malaysia, Singapore or China within the last 14 days. If you’re eligible for entry into the USA, you should be prepared to self immolate for up to fourteen days after landing. In case you’re a dual national, it’s important to apply for a visa. Please consult the US Department of State’s webpage on non-immigrant travel to the United States for detailed information on immigration requirements.
– It’s important to remember to obtain a passport from the American Embassy in Washington DC. In case you don’t possess an electronic passport, it’s preferable to use a passport that is recognized by the American authorities. You’ll need your birth certificate and your passport when applying for admission. The best way to find your passport is to use the Electronic System of Entry (ESEA) which is a digital database. If your passport is lost or stolen, contact the nearest American consulate.
– USA Visa acceptance for non-citizen US residents is strictly governed. There are three types of US visas, which are the lawful permanent resident (green card), the non-immigrant visitor visa and the parolee visa. Each has its own set of rules.
– You must follow certain rules when applying for a visa. The first step is to choose the country that you want to visit. Check if your intended country accepts non-immigrant visa. Once you have chosen the country, you can now proceed to the visa application form. On the visa application form you’ll have to provide information such as your name, age, nationality and any other information which may be required. Information like work experience, financial assets, residence history etc must be filled out properly and completely.
– If you’re a British citizen and wish to visit the country for leisure purposes then you must apply for the British National Life Insurance. After submitting your application for the British National Life Insurance you’ll have to wait for a minimum of three months before your visa expires. For those who intend to stay in the UK for good ten years or more, the duration of the stay can be extended by one year after you’ve obtained the British citizenship. The immigrant visa will then be allowed to last for another year.
– Before traveling to UK you must register with the immigration authorities. You can do this at designated offices inside the country. This registration is important because it indicates that you have legally entered the country. If your application is rejected you can appeal to the appeals committee. When appealing, the applicant must prove that the reasons given are true and correct. Your appeal can be either to the same country or to another country.
These immigration laws and rules are in place in order to keep our country safe from illegal immigrants. The UK has a duty to allow entry to those who have obtained a visa and who are legal citizens of UK. However, if you overstay your visa period then you might be sent back to your country. A British citizen who has traveled to another country is not allowed to overstay his or her visa. Therefore, you should apply for a visa only after you have obtained leave to stay in the UK.