With the recent strengthening of our flag, we are often asked if it’s safe to travel to Canada now. The answer is yes. With a strong economy and many countries bordering on the American continent, Canada’s borders have not been overly permeated by American military presence. As long as you follow your passport, follow the rules of the land, and are prepared to face arrest, you should have no problem entering the country.
There is one caveat though: In recent times, there has been an increase in illegal entries into the country. With the current migration issues between the United States and Mexico, many foreign nationals are choosing to make their way to Canada illegally. If you are travelling from a foreign country, crossing the border without proper documentation can result in detainment and possible fines and/or criminal charges. For this reason, it is important that you, and any foreign nationals travelling to Canada, follow all of our national security risks and protocol. Specifically, review our International Travel Safety Tips, and follow the simple procedures described below.
– National security risk: There have been a number of incidences involving Canadian government officials helping illegal immigrants enter the country. Specifically, in July 2021, officials from the Canadian Border Services Bureau (CBSA) were seen assisting an apprehended person onto a bus in New Mexico. At the time, the CBSA said that the individual had first applied for admission into the United States. Upon arrival in Canada, immigration officials conducted routine screening and immigration laws did not apply, so the man was allowed to proceed. Similar situations have occurred with other border officials.
– Health and safety: As with anywhere else, it is important to adhere to all of the health and safety standards. When travelling to Canada, you must have the appropriate documentation (such as IATA documents, or Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) and a valid passport. Your passport must be valid and have a current visa if you intend to stay in Canada long term. You must also ensure that you have your immunization records up to date, as well as written permission from your doctor to enter Canada. A travel agent or Canadian consulate can help you obtain these requirements. It is a good idea to obtain a temporary visa once you have arrived in Canada to avoid the hassle of applying for and receiving a permanent visa.
– Immigration and travel restrictions: There are several types of immigration restrictions that affect travellers. These include the Canada Immigrant Investor Program, which allows eligible foreign nationals to become permanent residents if they invest at least $500 dollars (USD) in Canada. In addition, there are several types of work permit programs that include the Canadian experience class, the economic activity class, the social security class, the national investment class, and the employment permit. Finally, there are two other types of immigration restrictions that affect non-documented workers. The first category is the non-immigrant worker program, which has various rules and regulations such as minimum age, employment standards, hours of work, and work permits. The second category, the temporary resident category, is important for travelling between countries.
– Providing care for someone who is in need: Travel to Canada for medical reasons is not only possible but easy to do. If you require medical assistance for a family member or a friend who is in need of specialized medical care, you can apply for a medical visa. To apply for a medical visa, you must apply in person at a Canadian embassy or consulate. Alternatively, you can apply by fax. Note that most doctors work on an ad hoc basis, so there may be a waiting period before you can expect to receive an appointment. However, there are numerous hospitals in Canada that offer excellent medical services, including physicians and hospitals, that are privately funded.
– Enter Canada as a tourist: Travel to Canada is a great way to see various sights and experience the Canadian culture. In order to see foreign nationals reuniting after divorces, one should apply for an immigrant visa. The immigration authorities will also look positively upon your application if you are providing care for a family member who needs medical help or you are a skilled worker who wants to see transit areas in Canada while working. These are just some of the reasons why Canadians choose to visit other countries. Whatever the reason is, it’s always possible to make travel to Canada easy by using these tips.
If you have any doubts about how to get from one country to another, you can always consult a Canadian visa lawyer or a local travel agent. These people will help you find the right options. Traveling to Canada is easier than ever. You just have to know where to find help.